Thin Film Build to Print Information Form Request
This form was developed as a template to make it easy for our customers to enter the information DLI needs
for an initial assessment of Build-To-Print Thin Film performance, size and cost.
After submitting this form a DLI Applications Engineer will contact you. Note:
This is not an order form. There is no obligation to place an order, upon submission.
What sets us apart?
- DLI has the ability to fully characterize ceramic substrates (K & Kent testing)
- DLI has the ability to RF Probe and Test through 67GHz
We do not know of any other vendor that can do these things!
DLI's Capabilities: Can we fit your requirements?
- Fine line geometries – Line/Space Capability~<0.5 mil
- Broad range of ceramics & metals – K-values 4 to 4,000
- Custom match Thermal Coefficient of Expansion (TCE) -Epsilon Relative – Er
- Capable of passive device design
- Interdigitated Capacitors, Inductors, Resistors, etc.
- Metalized Vias (Standard and Reinforced)
- Lange Couplers
- Own thick/thin film Cu for high power applications
- 2 sided aligned patterning
- Automated inspection and placement on tape
- Expert on Alumina [99.6%] (Al2O3), Aluminum Nitride (AlN), Fused Quartz-Silica (Si02), Titanates (Ti02), Zirconia (Zr02) and DLI custom formulated ceramics
- Partnerships with specialty contractors for Laser scribe & trim, via fill, thick/thin film Cu for high power applications
- Capable of Build-To-Print and/or Custom Thin Film designs to 67GHz
- Internal laser drill capabilities
To facilitate further discussion or information please provide your contact information below.
Due to U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security Standards, if your company is located
outside of the United States or if request is for military application please
complete the following fields.
Resistors and fine geometries typically default to polished mattes.
Additional material properties are listed on pages six and
seven of the Build-to-Print Design Guide
Tolerance: As Fired (+/- 1.0 mil); Machined (+/- 0.5 mil)
Resistors and fine geometries typically default to polished surface finish.
Please see pages eight through eleven of the Build-to-Print Design Guide for details.
Metal systems are easily customizable to meet your demands. DLI can maintain 0.5 mil line
width and spacing with a tolerance of 0.1 mil when no vias are present for standard gold
thicknesses. With vias DLI can maintain 1.0 mil line with and spacing with a 0.2 mil tolerance.
How is the device attached in the assembly?
Also, are there additional components attached to the device?
As a rule of thumb via diameters must be at least 50% of the device thickness and not less than 3 mils (0.08 mm) in diameter.
Special Packaging Requirements
Low volumes will typically be shipped bulk in plastic cases sandwiched between blue foam and clean room paper.
Serialization, plate level segregation, etc. are also available options selections in waffle packs, gel packs,
chip/tray carriers, carrier tape, or on expanded membrane tape on photon rings.
Are there any special test requirements or application specific requirements?
DLI has full RF characterization capability, materials characterization capability and reliability
stress capability to satisfy all MIL and Space level requirements.
NRE Fee Information
DLI typically quotes the volume requested.
If you would like to see an additional high volume quote please provide as much
visibility into your needs over the next year for the best possible price estimation.
Submit drawings use?
DLI appreciates your time and effort; a DLI Application Engineer will contact you to discuss your filter requirement.
You can email DLI inside Sales at
DLISales@knowles.com or speak with a representative personally at +1 315 655 0445